I was a lucky contestant on the "Let's Test the Office 2016 Upgrade on Some Users" game at work today. I was upgrading from Office 2010 to Office 2016. All our corporate e-mail is hosted on Office 365 now. I dutifully uninstalled Office 2010, rebooted, and then installed Office 2016 and rebooted again. Everything seemed to work fine. When I went to start up Outlook, it brought up a "Windows Security" pop-up login window, similar to what I have seen many times in the past. It is pre-filled in with my login username for Office 365, but then it just stops responding and turns gray. I ultimately have to kill Outlook. I have let it sit there for up to an hour. I have done the following troubleshooting:
- I can login to e-mail at the Office 365 website just fine; e-mail is also working fine on my phone (Android).
- Deleting all mail profiles from the Email control panel (under control panels)
- Tried creating a profile from the "mail profiles" control panel without actually starting Outlook
- Tried to repair the Office install using both options: "Basic Repair" and "Online Repair"
- Rebooting (several times along the way)
- Start outlook in safe mode (would never start, gave me an error)
- Microsoft Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistant Tool (a seemingly well design download tool from the Microsoft support site); its tests all came back OK, it attempted to create a profile for me, but still same unresponsive password popup
- Created an email profile with just my gmail account. I was then able to get Outlook to start and see all my gmail. I then tried to then add Outlook account, same issue.
- Uninstalled Office 2016, Restarted, Deleted all old outlook settings files I could find (Users//AppData/, both Local and Roaming), and Reinstalled Office 2016. Still not luck.
- I have an HP laptop, so I disabled HP Security Tools (fingerprint access software)
- Attempted from my home network (not on corporate domain)
Things I have not yet done, but will likely try tomorrow at the office:
- Try creating a profile with someone else's username and password; see if it is a glitch with my account
Running Windows 7 Pro, x64, SP1 on HP ZBook
Looking for any sage advice!
New Information: I just tried downloading and installing Skype for Business 2016; I get the same login pop-up box that becomes unresponsive...