I currently have 2 cells in Excel and I'm trying to find a formula to display the percentage change between them.

For example:

  • If B2=100 and B3=102, the result should be: +2%
  • If B2=103 and B3=100, the result should be: -3%

What formula can I use to calculate this?


=B3/B2-1 will do the job.

In case your number would be in percent and you'd want the change in %pts, this would be the formula =B3-B2 (though I don't think you're looking for that one)


Set 'result' format to Percentage and you're all set!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.