Is there a way to do it straight from MPC or could I create a separate program that would detect the file that is currently playing and delete it (I know it is possible to delete files while they are currently playing in MPC).
I know its late but if this helps others. I found this very helpfull
No doubt Winamp is the best player to play mp3. it has a little but very nice plugin call Play_List_file_remover v2.2 which enable user to delete file from now playing list and move to next track. file can be moved to recycle bin/ or permanently.
After lots of googling I was able to find compatible version of winamp and plugin, can be downloaded from here http://www.mediafire.com/folder/0ff11hrbzchf7/winamp
- extract the plugin
- after installing winamp
- usually its in C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins
- copy the gen_play_remove.dll file to plugin directory
- restart winamp
- winamp>option>preference>plugin>general purpose>hotkey support (enable it)
- winamp>option>preference>Global hotkey (enable)>Playback:delete current song from playlist (assign a hot key)
- restart winamp, start using hot key while playing
- cheers :) -