The company I work for has a fairly big domain of Windows Desktops and Servers. We also have standalone servers that are remote to our site but we have direct access to.
We need to audit our license usage across all Windows machines (including some VMs). I have tried a few products downloaded, but the key returned is not the one used during installation. I have one product that gives the last 5 characters correctly but needs to be installed so its not really suitable.
I also have tried some PowerShell scripts one of which is here
Ideally I am looking for one that can be used over a network and if possible can audit Office keys too.
I've just tried Jelly Bean and some other product key tools that all return
BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBBB-BBBB-BBBBB as the product key.