this question has been answered here before but has only been answered for windows 7 not windows 8. will someone please provide a solution for this in windows 8?
The solution you linked to is applicable for Windows 8 as well. The only part that has changed is how you set a default program.
1.) Set the default program for the file extension.
- Right click on file > "Open With" > "Choose Default Program..."
- Select the program you want to open this kind of file by default
2.) To handle the exception, create a shortcut.
- Right click on your desktop > "New" > "Shortcut"
- Click "Browse..." and navigate to the program to want to open the exception, then append the full path/filename of the exception. You'll end up with something like this:
"C:\Program Files\Python\python.exe" "C:\Users\immortalsquish\Desktop\awesome_script.py"
- Click "Next", name your shortcut, then click "Finish".